By Cameron Silsbee and Various Van City Community Leaders
Begin with prayer
Gather together as a Community in a comfortable setting. Take a moment to sit in silence in the presence of Jesus and each other. Have one person read Mark 10v46-52 over the group and then pray to ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide your time together.
Debrief the teaching
- What stood out to you about this week’s teaching?
- What do you think about the way Jesus asked those he encountered what they wanted?
- In what ways can you relate to the idea that at times healing can be costly, scary, and/or complicated?
Read this overview
As a church, we’ve wrapped up one series and are starting a new one. It’s also the season of Lent, with Spring and Easter right around the corner. As we continue following Jesus together as a church, we’d like to take some time to hear how you’re doing and provide an opportunity to reflect and share with your Community.
Do this Practice right now
Use this link to access the Spiritual Check-in. It should take most people between 10-30 minutes to fill out. Once you’ve completed it (or if you completed it ahead of time) wait until the group has finished.
Discuss the following questions
- What is one word that describes how you feel/felt after filling out this Spiritual Check-in? If you’re comfortable, elaborate on why you think you feel/felt this way.
- What personal expectations are you meeting? What personal expectations are you meeeting?
- What has been most helpful for your connection with Jesus over the last month or two? Do you enjoy it, or does it seem more like a chore?
Close in prayer
End in prayer by having one person read Psalm 139 over the group.