Current Series: The Gospel of Matthew
|Disciples of Jesus have a predictably long list of things to say about their master. What he said and did not say, to what he dedicated advocacy, what he denounced. We pour over the things. We argue about them.
Regardless of the reasons why, who is to blame, who speaks for Jesus with any amount of accuracy, and who is guilty of blasphemous misrepresentation, the world itself has often been divided by violence and hatred over the distinction between who Jesus is and who he is not. If you and I set about the task of apprenticing this controversial, divisive rabbi—and if we aspire to do so well—what can we learn about Jesus of Nazareth from one biography of life?
1. Source Material Enthusiasm Matthew 1v1-17
2. Identity From the Waters Matthew 3
3. Enter the Tempter Matthew 4v1-11
4. When God Becomes King Matthew 4
5. Good News for Worthless People! Matthew 5v1-11